For most companies, their website is their most important lead and sale generator. This became even more apparent with COVID. Many companies realised it was time to maximise their digital marketing and their website.
After all, a few simple and easy changes could improve conversions by 5, 10, 20, 30%. Which, over the course of a few years, could increase revenue by $10’s of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars.
And right now, at the beginning of the year, is the perfect time to plan the strategies that will increase your website leads and sales.
The first step in any effective strategy is to take a step back and review where you website is at right now. I’ve created a simple website audit below (from a photography and branding perspective of course!) to help you do this.
- What is the number one thing you want clients/customers to do when they come to your website?
- What do you want clients/customers to think about your company? Is this reflected in how your website looks?
- Do your images meet your quality standards?
- What are your images communicating to your customers? i.e. professional, high quality product, friendly professional staff.
- What about the layout of the content, is it neat, tidy and consistent across the website? Same formatting, same font, consistent use of brand colours.
- Are your images consistent in style and quality? Do they enhance how your website looks or take away from it?
- Are the brand colours used consistently?
- Is the written content up to date?
- Are the images of your office and team members up to date?
- Are the images creating the right impression? E.g. professional, welcoming, friendly, etc.
- Are you inspiring and motivating your customer with your product images? Lifestyle images showing products in use and inspirational images often sell more.
- Are there any opportunities to use video to promote your brand or product on your website?
If you audit your website to using the questions above you’ll likely find at least one area to improve. And if you make the changes, I can guarantee you’ll see an increase in your website’s performance.
It couldn’t really be simpler.